Touching Others Until Called Home
Key Introductory Questions
1. When you go to church, where do you go?
2. In your own words, would you tell me what you understand it takes for a person to go to heaven? (Possible answers: faith, works, unclear)
3. May I share with you what I’ve experienced and how the Bible answers that question?
FIRST CONSIDER HIS STORY
Share your personal testimony
“For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
God sent His Son Jesus to earth for us. He lived a sinless and perfect life. He died for our sins on the cross. He rose from the dead to give us vicotry over death and the grave.
God’s love is complete but we have a problem.
WE MUST TURN FROM OUR SINS
Because we are sinners without hope, Jesus died in our place.
“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
We must repent of our sins and turn to Jesus.
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.” Acts 3:19
THEN WE MUST TRUST THE SAVIOR
We must be willing to place our complete faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of ourselves: it is the gift of God not of works lest anyone should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Genuine salvation is entrusting our life to Jesus and beginning a life-long relationship with Him.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus Our Lord.” Romans 6:23
(Salvation is God’s “Gift” to us.)
· Does everything we shared make sense to you?
· Would you be willing to turn from your sin and trust Christ now?
If you are ready, please repeat this simple prayer.
“Lord , I know I’m a sinner, lost and without hope. Thank you for sending Jesus for me. I turn from my sins to Jesus. Today, I trust Jesus as Savior and Lord of my life. Thank you God for saving my soul.”
God wants you to have assurance of your salvation.
“For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
1. Make public your decision this Sunday in church.
2. Become a part of a Small Group like Sunday School.
3. Begin immediately to nurture your soul:
Develop a daily quiet time with God.
Read God’s word and pray to Him daily.
4. Share your newfound faith with someone soon.